Thursday 9 December 2010

A Funny Old Week..

Hey readers! What a surreal week this has been.

On Tuesday was my Grandads funeral. We traveled down to South Wales, which is about 150 miles. The service was nice, held at this little quaint crematorium in a place called Coychurch. We all went to the wake after, which was at this little ale pub in the middle of nowhere. It was rather surreal, as Ruth Jones from Gavin & Stacey fame was drinking there!

RIP Grandad, I'll never forget you..


Band practice this week will hopefully be the most productive one to date. We have shed loads of ideas to work on, with about 5 or 6 possible songs coming to completion. We're aiming to be full speed by next month, then we can think about getting a singer in and start doing gigs. Recording is a possibility for January, however if the songs aren't done, there's not much point recording. I'll keep you posted here once we have material to share with the world.


I think I have an addiction. I seem to spending the majority of my free time on the Wii, mainly on Wii Sports Resort. Yep I'm a sad bastard at times, but the table tennis is goddamn addictive! Although if I keep it up, my fiancee may just have to check me into Wii rehab. Whatever that is.


Yesterday was the 6th anniversary of the death of Dimebag, the amazing influential guitarist of Pantera. He has been one of my idols since I've started playing guitar, and although I'll never get anywhere as good as he was, he will always leave a legacy that will be around for years to come.




My reader list for the blog is now coming up to 100! Which to me is a fairly big achievement. So thankyou to the people out there for reading my ramblings, it's much appreciated! Don't forget to bookmark me, or even better, click the "follow" button to keep up to date with my slightly eventful life!

That's all for now, take care mofos!

Jay.

2 comments:

  1. I wore my Pantera T-shirt In commemoration :)
    and I'm Sorry about your Grandad again hun.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a nice send-off for him as it were.

    ReplyDelete