Monday 13 December 2010

Dancing with the Beard

Hello blogger people of the blogger nation! Yet another post here from yours truly. It's been a fairly eventful few days, with the band and the world of work, but I won't bore you with too much unnecessary information!

Saturday brought another band practice, this time at Neon Studios in Burntwood. This place compared to our usual studios in Walsall is a lot bigger, and a lot more aesthetically pleasing! As for the gear I'm not so sure, I was using a big Peavey amp this week and I wasn't completely convinced, The Ashdown stack I use down in JJM in Walsall is a lot better, to my ear anyway.

Anywho, we attempted the song me and Luke have been writing the past 2 weeks (working title Roller Disco), however Luke wasn't convinced about it, it's very hard to put guitar to it because of the huge funk bassline involved. We did however finish the Ashes to Ashes themed track, to me it is pretty much a finished article, and I really dig it!! Our sound is such a breath of fresh air to the current stagnant music scene, it's nice to be in a band where we focus solely on the music, and refrain from any conformity that protrudes in today's music. We also devised a very random track where half of it is a fast-paced Slayer-esque riff, then the other half is slow, dragged out and melodic. Lets hope next week brings even more surprises!

On a side note, my friend Luke pointed me in the direction of a news story that broke this week. Frontman of Black Label Society, Mr. Zakk Wylde, is appearing on Dancing With The Stars. For those of my readers from the UK, this is the American version of Strictly Come Dancing. Why on earth Zakk would prance around a floor doing the cha-cha is beyond me. But good on him! I do idolise Zakk quite a lot when it comes to his music, not only BLS but also with his time playing with Ozzy. You can see Zakk never takes himself seriously in the BLS video for Overlord. For those of you who haven't seen it for yourselves, I'll link it up at the end of the blog. It's definitely worth a look, with Zakk walking around in an Uma Thurman Kill Bill catsuit, defeating evil bosses that stand in his way.

Thankyou for those of you keeping up with my blog! And also, welcome to my first reader from Croatia!

Here are some blogs of note for you to visit!

Luke Clarke's Blog
8-bits of Retro
The Indifference Gamer

I'll leave you with the Black Label Society video for Overlord! Bye for now friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment