Friday 3 December 2010

Bloggin' It Good.

Hey there! No doubt it's time for a new blog of mine.

Firstly, the band! We don't have a name yet, trying to choose the right one takes time, and it needs to sum us up to a degree. To go with an average name would be a crime for such an above average band, if I say so myself! The band consists of me on bass, Luke on guitar, and CJ on drums. Me and Luke are bouncing song ideas off each other, adding our own twists, and they sound pretty damn awesome. Me and Luke have varying tastes in music, let along playing styles, and to see them come together in the music we write is great!

The stuff we're coming out with ha a very stoner rock/avant-garde, even prog feel to it. It's such a different direction to the songs we made with the previous band, but it's definitely a genre I feel happier playing, and I'm enjoying it a lot too!

We're aiming to start recording some stuff next month, after all we have about 5 or 6 songs being written and finalised as we speak. All with working titles such as "Roller Disco", "Photographs", and an Ashes to Ashes vibe instrumental currently named "Ashes to Ashes" funnily enough!

It's so refreshing to be back playing bass, I feel so much more comfortable to be playing the instrument I started to learn over a decade ago. As opposed to guitar, there's no panic, no awkward mistakes or looking like a goon! I just stamp on my Metal Muff, and slap-pop away to my hearts content!

In other news, we have a big freeze going on in the UK! Mega amounts of snow and sub-zero temperatures. Global warming my arse.

That's all for now, take care all!

Jay.

1 comment:

  1. Bandname: Thunderfuck.

    Link me boyo up, filmandmisanthropy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete